The Kitchen Manager for Taffer’s Tavern oversees coordinating and supervising a restaurant’s kitchen staff according to food safety standards. Their duties include hiring, training, and scheduling back of house employees, performing quality control on food leaving the kitchen, ordering inventory to keep up with demand, and maintaining back of house systems. Some days the Kitchen Manager must assist as a Food Expeditor.
Essential Functions of the position include, but limited to:
- Ordering of food and dry good supplies according to order guide instructions.
- Inventory prior to ordering food and dry good supplies. Monthly inventory for reporting systems.
- Managing BOH reporting on Compeat software. Including syncing with main distributor and manually inputting AP invoices as needed.
- Schedule and forecast labor as required by business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when needed while maintaining labor cost objectives at least seven (7) days in advance.
- Complete digital opening and closing checklists.
- Understand all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Ensure there is no food waste by monitoring FIFO and preparation procedures. Maintain constant training as needed.
- Ensure food waste log is being implemented and input into the BOH software on a weekly basis.
- Returns or Credits-Call in after being notified by Line Cook or Steward and resolve any issues with purveyor prior to service.
- Supervise the kitchen during prep and service periods.
- Schedule maintenance of equipment as needed according to maintenance procedure guide.
- Responsible for system between the kitchen and the service of our food to our guests.
- Monitor orders on point of sales digital ticket system and ensure they are kept in chronological order in terms of fires.
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the service staff to the kitchen.
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority.
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and the service staff (e.g. when a customer has a particular request).
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature.
- Eliminate obstacles in service, food preparation lines or dishwashing areas.
- Inspect the expeditor station according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning.
- Prioritize cooking and preparation times of each order to ensure proper pacing of guest meals. Plan approximately 7-8 minutes to fire appetizers, 10-15 minutes for entrees and 5-7 minutes for desserts.
- Conduct daily digital kitchen line check before shifts begin. (Twice or three times daily.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Food Expeditor to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Food Expeditor is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, read, or hear. Food Expeditors are occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by restaurant environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+100°F).
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for at least 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift supplies or food items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- The use of cut gloves while using knives is a company requirement for all BOH personnel for safety of our staff.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with teammates and supervisors.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
- Current ServSafe or locally administered Food Handler’s Certification required. Management will guide candidate on acquiring certification if not completed.
- 3+ year of experience in food service industry is a must, in addition to have previously managed a F&B venue.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral) with team members and supervisors.
- Passion for food and ability to taste food to determine it meets standards.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- 18/+ years of age.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a positive and solution-oriented attitude. Must have the “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in time management, making decisions and problem solving.
- Must be flexible regarding changes as well as willing and able to understand company policies and appropriately support team.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Taffer’s Tavern standards.
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays while in operation.
Upon submission, your application will be redirected to our local franchisee for consideration of employment. Premier Taverns, LLC does not own or operate any Taffer’s Tavern restaurants. Franchised Taffer’s locations are independently owned and operated by franchisees and Premier Taverns, LLC has no involvement in hiring decisions for these locations.