The Kitchen Manager for Taffer’s Tavern oversees coordinating and supervising a restaurant’s kitchen staff according to food safety standards. Their duties include hiring, training, and scheduling back of house employees, performing quality control on food leaving the kitchen, ordering inventory to keep up with demand, and maintaining back of house systems. Some days the Kitchen Manager must assist as a Food Expeditor.
The role of the expeditor is to help keep a smooth workflow between the kitchen and the tables. You will work in a fast-paced environment to get proper orders out precise and efficient. As Food Expeditor, you must have excellent communication skills and experience in a restaurant’s hectic setting. You must have enough stamina to be in constant motion and skills to coordinate and organize processes and people.
Essential Functions of the position include, but limited to:
- Ordering of food and dry good supplies according to order guide
- Inventory prior to ordering food and dry good Monthly inventory for reporting systems.
- Managing BOH reporting on Compeat Including syncing with main distributor and manually inputting AP invoices as needed.
- Schedule and forecast labor as required by business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when needed while maintaining labor cost objectives at least seven (7) days in
- Complete digital opening and closing
- Understand all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training
- Ensure there is no food waste by monitoring FIFO and preparation procedures. Maintain constant training as
- Ensure food waste log is being implemented and input into the BOH software on a weekly
- Returns or Credits-Call in after being notified by Line Cook or Steward and resolve any issues with purveyor prior to
- Supervise the kitchen during prep and service
- Schedule maintenance of equipment as needed according to maintenance procedure
- Responsible for system between the kitchen and the service of our food to our
- Monitor orders on point of sales digital ticket system and ensure they are kept in chronological order in terms of
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the service staff to the
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and the service staff (e.g. when a customer has a particular request).
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature.
- Eliminate obstacles in service, food preparation lines or dishwashing
- Inspect the expeditor station according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in
- Prioritize cooking and preparation times of each order to ensure proper pacing of guest Plan approximately 7-8 minutes to fire appetizers, 10-15 minutes for entrees and 5-7 minutes for desserts.
- Conduct daily digital kitchen line check before shifts (Twice or three times daily.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Food Expeditor to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Food Expeditor is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, read, or hear. Food Expeditors are occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by restaurant environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+100°F).
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for at least 8 hours in
- Must be able to lift supplies or food items weighing up to 50 on a regular and continuing basis.
- The use of cut gloves while using knives is a company requirement for all BOH personnel for safety of our
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with teammates and supervisors.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is
- Current ServSafe or locally administered Food Handler’s Certification Management will guide candidate on acquiring certification if not completed.
- 3+ year of experience in food service industry is a must, in addition to have previously managed a F&B
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral) with team members and
- Passion for food and ability to taste food to determine it meets
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- 18/+ years of
- Access to reliable
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced
- Must possess a positive and solution-oriented Must have the “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team
- Ability to exercise good judgement in time management, making decisions and problem solving.
- Must be flexible regarding changes as well as willing and able to understand company policies and appropriately support
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Taffer’s Tavern standards.
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays while in operation
Upon submission, your application will be redirected to our local franchisee for consideration of employment. Premier Taverns, LLC does not own or operate any Taffer’s Tavern restaurants. Franchised Taffer’s locations are independently owned and operated by franchisees and Premier Taverns, LLC has no involvement in hiring decisions for these locations.