The General Manager, Restaurants for Taffer’s Tavern will oversee guest and team members dynamics. Will oversee day-to-day operations necessities to ensure our guest and team members are satisfied and return. You will oversee the front of house and back of house staff, ensuring quality of service, high standards, and ultimately driving sales. This role will also involve interacting with guests and team members to ensure a premium service is always delivered. The General Manager, Restaurants is proficient in all aspects of the operation at Taffer’s Tavern and represents the culture and brand we are all about.
Must Have Attributes:
Essential Functions of the position include, but limited to:
- Maintain the highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency in accordance with Taffer’s Tavern expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of Taffer’s Safe Dining procedures and brand culture.
- Partner responsibility to the management team as needed and adhere existing policy consistency.
- Oversee and development of all hiring, teaching, supervision, management, coaching, counseling, and evaluation of all team members.
- Process the weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff, conduct pre-shift meetings and assist team members with any inquires.
- Adhere, control, and demonstrate operating standards, policies and procedures to be followed by management and staff.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the management and service teams.
- Assign and instruct the team members and managers in the details of their work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Operate with an open-door policy, listen to and understand requests of the team respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy activity, serving as a role model for the management team and other team members. Interact with all department personnel as needed.
- Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper operations, establish and enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the Operations and Finance team.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgement, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Ensure that no team member is permitted to work if they are not suitably dressed, groomed, have proper work cards, and follow health code guidelines.
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures.
- Maintain positive and professional relations with vendors. Manage interaction of vendors on property with our team members.
- Monitor labor cost and monitor the venue’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budget revenue and labor expenses are being met.
- Focus on succession management, teaching and development of all Taffer’s Tavern team members.
- Monitor guest satisfaction on all levels, including social media platforms.
- Ensure health, safety, and sanitation requirements are in compliance with the Health Department, OSHA, Fire Department, and any city or state agencies.
- 3-5 years of experience in Operations Management in the hospitality industry including restaurant and bar operations.
- Supervisory, administrative and sales experience required.
- Financial and team management experience required, e.g. ability to analyze financial statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting, and scheduling team members.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must possess a positive and solution-oriented attitude. Must have the “can do” attitude.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience and tact as well as diplomacy to defuse anger, collect factual information, and resolve conflict to resolution required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in making decisions.
- Must be flexible regarding changes as well as willing and able to understand company policies and appropriately support team.
- Must be an advocate of exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral) with guests and team members.
- Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of, or the ability, to possess all state required work cards
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
This job description is a summary of my responsibilities, which you as General Manager, Restaurants are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected functions. As an employee you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the entity. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any employee may be asked and expected to perform additional functions, responsibilities, or projects without notice.